1. The peak of muscular strength occurs during the middle twenties.
2. Compare to other age groups, emerging and young adults have the highest rates of exercise.
3. Sleep deprivation may lead to premature aging.
4. Alcoholism has a high cure rate when treated by a combination of medication, education, and psychotherapy.
5. The less schooling people have, the greater the likelihood of heart disease or other chronic disease.
6. One of the benefits of being married is living longer.
7. A heightened sense of well-being and less stress are experienced by individuals who have good medical insurance.
8. According to a nationally representative survey, 95% of adults have had premarital sex by age 20.
9. Some investigators have proposed a distinctly adult stage of cognition beyond Piaget's formal operations called postformal thought.
10. One criterion of postformal thought proposed by Sinnott is the awareness that problems have more than one solution.
11. The ability to recognize and deal with one's own feelings and the feelings of others is called emotional intelligence.
12. A strong degree of self-awareness is a component of high emotional intelligence.
13. In order to act on emotions or emotional intelligence, people must make cognitive judgements.
14. A review of research on moral development in adulthood found that gender differences are significant in adulthood but not in adolescence.
15. The theories of both Kolberg and Gillian put responsibility to others at the highest level of moral thought.
16. Students' likelihood of completing college may depend on their motivation.
17. Research studies have shown that when students work more than 15 to 20 hours a week at a job, it seems to have a negative effect on their academic achievement.